Donald Trump’s lawyers are calling for the 74-year-old’s lawsuit to be dismissed immediately before the impeachment process. The procedure is not lawful. Prosecutors call the evidence against the former president “overwhelming”.
Dhe lawyers of Donald Trump have again called the impending impeachment proceedings against the former US president in the Senate unconstitutional. In a statement released on Monday, the defense lawyers called for the immediate dismissal of the case against the Republican, which had been decided by the Democratic-controlled House of Representatives.
The lawyers argue in the 75-page document, among other things, that the process is not lawful because Trump is no longer in office. You accuse the Democrats of putting on “political theater”.
The House of Representatives Democratic prosecutors, however, called the evidence against Trump “overwhelming.” There is no defense for his actions, it said in her statement on the day before the start of the Senate hearing on Tuesday. “Trump violated his oath of office and betrayed the American people. His incitement to rebellion against the United States government – which has disrupted the peaceful transfer of power – is the gravest constitutional crime ever committed by a president. “
The ex-president is accused of “inciting a riot” because his supporters stormed the Capitol on January 6th. The 74-year-old is accused of inciting his supporters to the riots immediately before at a rally in Washington. Trump had said in his address, among other things: “If you do not fight like the devil, you will have no more land.”
Trump lawyers rely on free speech
Trump’s defense lawyers argue that the then president only called for a fight for the general security of elections. In addition, his address was covered by the right to freedom of speech enshrined in the constitution. The prosecutors vehemently deny this. In their statement on Monday it said the House of Representatives had not indicted Trump “because he expressed an unpopular political opinion”.
In their indictment, the Democrats are demanding not only a conviction but also a federal ban on Trump. That could thwart any Trump candidacy in the 2024 presidential election. The two-thirds majority necessary for a conviction is not in sight: 17 Republicans would have to vote with the 50 Democrats.
A vote on a question about the admissibility of the trial had revealed that only a handful of Republicans were considering voting for a conviction.
The Democrats argue that the trial against the ex-president is lawful because it concerns misconduct during his tenure. They also point out that the House of Representatives had already decided to open the procedure on January 13th – before Trump left office.
The second impeachment proceedings against Trump entered the hot phase this Tuesday with the start of negotiations in the Senate. The deliberations should take a few days. The exact rules for the procedure and a schedule should be published at the beginning.
In January, the US MP Ron Wright found out about his corona infection, now the chairman of the parliamentary chamber announces the death of the 67-year-old. The virus wasn’t the only disease the Republicans had to fight against, however.
A member of the US House of Representatives, Republican Ron Wright, has died after being infected with the coronavirus. This was announced by the chairwoman of the Chamber of Parliament, Nancy Pelosi. The 67-year-old MP from the state of Texas said on January 21 that a corona test had turned out positive for him. Wright leaves three children and nine grandchildren, Pelosi announced.
US media reported, citing a statement from Wright’s office, that both the MP and his wife Susan were recently hospitalized for the coronavirus-related disease Covid-19. Wright had been undergoing medical treatment for cancer for years. He first moved into the House of Representatives in 2018.
Before that, at the end of December, the Republican MP Luke Letlow from the state of Louisiana, who was elected in the US election on November 3, died after being infected with the corona virus. At this point in time, however, he had not yet been sworn in as a member of parliament.
In order to forestall his expulsion, Donald Trump himself left the Hollywood union a few days ago. “Who cares!” He railed in his farewell letter. SAG-AFTRA gratefully accepts the resignation – and is now handing it out one last time against the ex-US president.
Donald Trump has lost it with the Hollywood union “Screen Actors Guild – American Federation of Television and Radio Artists” (SAG-AFTRA). After he had announced his resignation last Thursday, the union around President Gabrielle Carteris has now stepped up again. She banished the former US president for life. A resumption is excluded.
“Preventing Donald Trump from ever rejoining SAG-AFTRA is more than a symbolic step,” said a statement from Carteris on the Hollywood union website. Trump’s banishment is “an unequivocal declaration that threats or incitement to harm against other members will not be tolerated. An attack against one is an attack against everyone.”
SAG-AFTRA justified the 74-year-old’s lifelong exclusion mainly with Trump’s “hostility towards journalist members” and his “disregard for the values and integrity of the union”. The disciplinary proceedings against Trump began in mid-January after he had been instrumental in the storming of the Capitol as the outgoing US President. He has been a member of the union since 1989.
Trump: “Wen kümmert’s!”
In order to forestall his expulsion, Trump left the union on his own on Friday. “Who cares!” It said in his letter published by the union. He “no longer wants to be associated” with SAG-AFTRA. Nevertheless, he was disappointed with the disciplinary process. He was indignant that he “helped the cable news television business (which was supposedly a dying platform and didn’t have much time before I got into politics) a lot, creating thousands of jobs for networks like MSDNC and fake news CNN.”
Trump also described the process as a “blatant attempt” by SAG-AFTRA to “attract media attention in order to distract from your miserable record as a union. You did nothing for me,” the 74-year-old ranted. A response to his resignation apparently followed promptly. As the broadcaster Fox News first reported, the drama union commented on Trump’s farewell with two simple words: “Thank you very much.”
He conquered one of the highest mountains on earth. Now he was killed by an avalanche.
The famous Italian mountaineer Carlalberto Cimenti, known as “Cala”, died in the Alps. The 45-year-old and a friend were found dead under two meters of snow in the Upper Susa Valley in the Italian Alps, as Italian media reported on Monday, citing rescue workers.
Here you will find content from Facebook
In order to interact with or display content from Facebook and other social networks, we need your consent.
activate social networks
Fans of “Cala” published messages of condolence on the Facebook page of his alpinism company. Among other things, Cimenti became famous in 2019 for climbing the more than 8,000 meter high Nanga Parbat in the Himalayas. The Nanga Parbat is one of the highest mountains in the world.
In the summer of 2019, Cimenti was also involved in the dramatic rescue of an alpinism colleague who had crashed in Pakistan at a height of more than 6,000 meters and was seriously injured.
Products of the popular vegan meat producer Beyond Meat and vegan cheese brand Daiya are now available in Manila, Philippines.
As the vegan movement in the Philippines grows, more and more vegan products from brands worldwide are arriving in the country to follow customer demand.
Today, local distributor Pristine Solutions Inc. announced that it partners with Green Monday Hong Kong to bring Beyond Meat and Daiya products to Manila — the heart of the vegan movement in the country.
Green Monday is a startup group that focuses on fighting climate change and global food insecurity by making sustainable living simple, actionable, and viral.
It partners with corporations, schools, restaurants, and the public to promote and enable green, healthy, and sustainable living.
Pristine Solutions Inc. offers Beyond Burgers, Beyond Sausage, Daiya Cheddar style, Daiya Provolono style, and Daiya Swiss style.
“Beyond Meat and Daiya products are available to Purchase in Manila now,” Christian Schmidradner from Pristine Solutions Inc. shared in the Manila Vegans Facebook group. “Distributor is our Pristine Solutions Inc. in partnership with Green Monday Hong Kong.”
“Currently we have Beyond Burgers and Daiya Cheddar on stock. Beyond Sausage will arrive beginning of June again.”
For now, the distributor only offers wholesale: One case (42 patties) of 4 oz Beyond Burgers is sold for 12,320 PHP including VAT, while one case (8 packs of 10 slices per case, 80 slices per case) of Daiya Cheddar Style Cheese is sold for 3,112 PHP including VAT.
Beyond Sausage, Beyond Burger 3 oz, Daiya Provolone Style, and Daiya Swiss Style will be available in June.
Pristine Solutions Inc. is the distributor of Beyond Meat products in five-start luxury hotel Grand Hyatt Manila.
Every Monday, the luxury hotel will offer healthy plant-based options at the hotel’s The Grand Kitchen featuring two Beyond Meat products: Beyond Burger and Beyond Sausage.
“I just don’t think it’s offered enough in hotels and it’s not offered enough in different establishments around Manila. So definitely I believe there’s a market here in the Philippines,” Mark Hagan, Grand Hyatt Manila’s Executive Chef, told ABS-CBN News.
“The plant-based movement started five or six years ago, and has really taken off in the last two to three years where climate change and sustainability have become huge issues. They are a huge issue in the Philippines and you hear it more and more.”
“It’s just giving people an option to change. I don’t believe there’s enough options in the market, for people to make the change,” he concluded.
A man admitted on Reddit that he had been secretly giving dairy to his vegan girlfriend to check if it will cause acne.
Reddit user Kitchenninja11 shared on the discussion website that his girlfriend adopted a vegan diet for health reasons and claimed that it cleared her skin.
However, he explained that he grew tired of plant-based food and needed “some mac and cheese with cut up hot dogs” so he wanted to prove that the vegan diet is not the cause of his girlfriend’s clear skin.
“For the past two months, I’ve been emptying the same soy creamer container and filling it with dairy creamer.”
“I was gonna do a big reveal, like ‘Surprise! You can eat whatever you want!’ But she’s been wearing makeup both in and out of the house lately… and last night I saw her barefaced for the first time in a while and it is BAD. Like insects about to hatch out of her face bad.”
He concluded: “I feel bad but on the other hand I was doing it for her own good!”
The Reddit user faced backlash from both vegans and nonvegans, with some saying that what he did was dangerous as people can become allergic to dairy and other nonvegan ingredients when they have been vegan for a long time.
A Reddit user said: “You also could have made her horrendously sick! If she’s been vegan for years and you gave her animal products then she could have gotten extremely ill. Please never do that again.”
“You didn’t do that for her own good. You did it so you could swoop in and be the smug know-it-all,” said another.
A vegan commented: “How about cooking for yourself if you‘re not satisfied with the vegan food she makes? I‘m living vegan too, my boyfriend doesn‘t and he is cooking his own food. I would definitely dump someone who betrayed me in that way.”
“The tifu isn’t that you gave your de facto acne, it’s that you massively betrayed her trust because you think you know what is good for her better than she does. You’re not just an ***hole, you’re actually a bit of a monster since you still haven’t realised this,” a Reddit user commented.
Another added: “Most women do a sh*t ton of research, real research, to figure out why their skin is freaking out. And you time it upon yourself to just re-introduce dairy because of what? The inability to trust your partner?”
This is not the first time that a nonvegan caused controversy for trying to make vegans consume meat and animal by-products.
The vegan mom-to-be explained on the British parenting site Mumsnet that her husband believes that she needs to eat meat to make their baby healthy, although he is aware that she has never eaten meat and animal by-products.