This zesty dry rub will complement any meat or fish you’re pondering for dinner tonight. Double or triple the recipe and store the extra in a ziploc bag or empty spice jar in your spice cabinet.
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon coarse salt
- Combine chives, thyme, oregano, chili powder, cumin, red pepper, and salt in a small bowl. Use the mixture as a rub on 1 pound of raw meat. Cook the meat as desired.