“Make use of your entire grill surface the next time you’re grilling chicken, fish, or pork. These vegetables are simple to prepare and cook on the grill alongside your main dish. They’re topped with a delicious herbed vinaigrette and make a wonderful low-calorie side dish.”
- Herbed Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Dash ground pepper
- Vegetable Salad
- 1 medium eggplant, cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium onion, cut into ½-inch-thick wedges (see Tip)
- 2 green and/or red bell peppers, halved, stems, membranes, and seeds removed
- 6 large cremini mushrooms, stems removed
- 3 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Fresh thyme (optional)
- 1For vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, cider vinegar, parsley, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- 2For vegetable salad, combine eggplant, onion wedges, bell peppers, mushrooms, and tomatoes in a very large bowl. Add olive oil and cider vinegar. Toss to coat vegetables.
- 3Place vegetables on rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium-hot coals. Grill for 3 minutes; turn vegetables. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes more or until vegetables are tender.
- 4To serve, cut each pepper half into 3 strips. Arrange vegetables on a platter. Drizzle with reserved vinaigrette. Serve warm or at room temperature. If desired, garnish with fresh thyme.