Thinly sliced sweet potatoes fry to a crispy crunch in the air fryer. These homemade chips also use much less oil, which cuts down on calories and fat. They’re a naturally sweet side for sandwiches, burgers, wraps and more.
- 1 medium sweet potato, (about 8 ounces), sliced into ⅛-inch-thick rounds
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Place sweet potato slices in a large bowl of cold water; soak for 20 minutes. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Return the sweet potatoes to the dried bowl. Add oil, salt and pepper; toss gently to coat.
- Lightly coat air-fryer basket with cooking spray. Place just enough of the sweet potatoes in the basket to form a single layer. Cook at 350°F until cooked through and crispy, about 15 minutes, flipping and rearranging into a single layer every 5 minutes. Using tongs, carefully remove the chips from the air fryer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining sweet potatoes.
- Let the chips cool for 5 minutes; serve immediately or cool completely and store in an airtight plastic container for up to 3 days.